Sunday, November 23, 2008

Good guy, great friend, NEW MEMBER!

Paul and Sarah. Paul was baptized by his OPA. His maternal Grandfather who is very religious and so thrilled that Paul was baptized before he couldn't witness the event.
The Bertoch CLAN! Scott, Alyssa, Paul, Shantel, Sarah, Kaitlyn, and Kayden. The whole family is finally members!
My 2 handsome little men! They ARE friends, sometimes!!!
This room was so full. This picture was taken before a lot of people were there. I bet there were close to 100 people. AMAZING!

Before we left on a little trip last weekend, we got to see a pretty cool thing. Paul, the triplet's dad was baptized! We were all pretty excited. This is something that we have all been praying would happen for a long time. When I first met Paul 12 years ago, Paul did not even believe in a God. Paul was raised in an anti-mormon environment, so it has taken him a long time to be able to believe the teachings of the gospel. Sarah has been so loving and not pushy at all. She waited for Paul to take all of the steps himself. He asked for the missionaries to come about a year and a half ago. This summer he started to read the scriptures with his family every night. He chose to go to church and do the right things ALL ON HIS OWN! Such a cool thing.

The kids are all over 12, so this was a pretty big deal to them. They understand everything. Scott, the oldest, gave a talk on baptism at the actual event. It was the sweetest thing ever. He bore his testimony at the end and told his dad how much he looked up to him. He was crying and the spirit was so strong. Most everyone was crying. It was very sweet. The room was jam-packed with everyone from neighbors to non-member family to friends from Hyrum and also their new ward. We think this is so amazing. We love this family and are so glad they live close to us so we get to see them so much!

It has been so long since I have had time to post! Life is crazy as ever. Jim is in full swing Basketball, Go BULLDOGS. Our first game is on Wednesday. The game is against Orem at Utah Valley University! Nuts! By the way, I am extatic to be able to tell you, I am going to HAWAII with the team in December! I have never been on a trip with the team before, and Coach Drury might have a coronary letting us go, but we are sooo excited. One of the other coaches wives and I are going and spending the majority of the time on a "GIRLS' TRIP" We can't wait!!

We are still house hunting. I am a spoiled girl who is having a hard time deciding what I want. Surprise! Between houses, dance, doctor appts, therapy for 2 kids, nightly exercise with 2 boys (who hate it!), and trying to maintain the house mostly as a single parent, I seem to keep quite busy.

Jim and I were able to take the kids last weekend and go on a little trip. We stayed in a hotel, let the kids swim, shopped, saw Jim's brother Eric and his family, took fam. pics and had a lot of laughs. It was SO much FUN! The kids played marathon movies in the car, so Jim and I got to talk a lot. It was so nice.

4 comments:

Brittanie said...

What a great post! So many fun things. YAHOO!!! You are going to Hawaii! I am so happy for you. That is a well deserved trip for you. ENJOY!!

Katydid said...

Coach Drury is still there!? Hawaii oh you have fun you soooo deserve it and so much more! Look at those boys too! Can you believe they have gotten so big! So So handsome! I don't work Tuesday this week...Ahhh I don't get to see you... Next week though! Have a great ThanksGiving!

Unknown said...

Is Paul's Opa German? That is what they call grandma and grandpa in Germany Omi and Opa or is it Opi, Okay maybe I don't know what I am talking about...

I'm sorry you are always so crazy busy. Someday life will slow down, I think...

I don't think I have seen Paul's kids since Erin got married, they have grown a lot. I'm glad you guys live close and can stay such good friends.

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh what a sweet and tender post! You just made my night! I am so sad that we missed you guys when you came. I went out with Kam the other day, and she said that she had a great time with you all, and loved your sweet little family! I am so jealous! LOL!I can't wait to see your sweet pictures!