Monday, October 13, 2008

Take a deep breath

Between appts. we stopped at the NICU. These are some of the wonderful people who took care of Grayson for so long. Dr. Gerday, Heather Harper (who took care of Porter, too. Soooo good) Kari Beardall (runs the adaptive sports program that we LOVE) and Allison Sholwalter(?) (one of the NNPs who is as big a basketball fan as the McEvoy boys)!! Grayson and Dr. Gerday. Not only did the good Dr. take care of Grayson, but he always made sure that I was doing ok. He is from France, and he is one AMAZING doc! He saved Grayson's life!
Grayson was so hungry, he kept sucking his thumb and would get really mad. He was trying to be happy until he could eat. It wasn't going so well.


HOLY COW!!! What a crazy day it has been. Let me say thanks to all of you for your prayers and support. Especially all of those who have fasted and prayed continually for the last year for our family. Grayson and I were able to receive priesthood blessings this morning before we started our day. I am so glad. I was able to keep myself composed (for the most part). Grayson was starving, but still at his grumpiest he would smile occasionally!!!
Today testing was crazy as most days are when you jam pack a lot of stuff into one day. But halleleuja we have once again our prayers have been answered. My biggest worry was the testing for Cystic Fibrosis, which came back normal! I couldn't bring myself to research anything until I got the end result, but now that I have I am so glad that trial is not ours. The other tests were for reflux and and to see how bad it was. It is definately there, but no need to rush to surgery in the next little bit. I am so relieved. So, once again, thanks to all for the love and support. OH HAPPY DAY!

5 comments:

heather and fam said...

Yea thank goodness he's okay! He is such a sweet little miracle baby! Hopefully your mind can be at ease now. Love you guys!

The Blackham3 said...

Prayers... And the love of a great family.
~Jen

Lisa and Kate said...

Thank goodness all went well. Kisses to the whole McEvoy Clan!!

McBride Family said...

Amen! I felt in my heart Grayson was going to be OK! We are so glad to hear things turned out better than expected. Brennen has joined in praying for him. Lets get him some Prilosec and celebrate! Al

Mom in Mendon said...

Good news! (How's Jim doing?)