Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A LITTLE R&R (yeah right)

SWEET LAINEY WITH HER PRETTY HAIR JUST THE WAY SHE LIKES IT!
JIM AND PORTER BEFORE JIM WENT TO SURGERY. OH, AND GRAYSON IS IN THE BACKGROUND!

Another day at the McEvoy house! We just seem to be as crazy as ever! Jim is recovering from surgery still. He is finally doing much better today. I think he is starting to go a little bit stir crazy. I am not sure how much healing is going on while he whatches the never-ending tornado in our house, occasionally being hit by it. (mostly Porter, who has to hit him in the tummy just because you tell him daddy has an owie there and to be sure dad isn't sleeping)!!
Well, I guess I threw a lot of people off with the "the twins have been delivered" text! I'll explain the story behind that. Jim finally got in to see the surgeon about 3 weeks after hernia symptoms occurred. I was anxious to hear what the doc said because I couldn't make the appointment with him. When he finally called he said "GOOD NEWS". I thought he was going to tell me that it wasn't really a hernia because there HAD been some discrepancy between doctors. I said "Oh good, what" Jim replied "It's twins". I almost died laughing. Well after the mass text I had people texting back all kinds of funny things. Somebody thought we were adopting twins. Another person thought Jim had a vasectomy. (not a bad idea) Some people had no idea he was having surgery. As well as a couple of other things!??! I guess it gave everybody a good laugh!

I felt bad because Lainey was pretty worried about her dad. She cried the night before surgery when I told her what was going on. She was worried about not being able to play with him. She asked my mom if he would ever get better. She also wanted to know if he was going to die. Lainey has been through too much with our family to not be worried when it comes to anything medical. Because of the time I spent at the Provo hospital with the boys and volunteering, she asked if he would have surgery at "my" hospital. I thought it was pretty sweet of her. Lainey is one perceptive 6 year old and she has a very good heart. She sure acts out a lot when she is worried about her family, so we will continue to work on that.

Here are some cool and crazy things that have happened the past couple of days.
*Reagan just came home yesterday from a hospital stay. They did studies while she was there and what a miracle, Reagan no longer needs the ventilator during the day. Congratulations Reagan. This is truly a blessing!
*Grayson FINALLY started to say MA MA! (da da has been around for a few weeks now) Is it a problem he only says MA MA when he is mad?!!?

*Trey beat his record of steps taken without falling, he is up to 37!!! Amazing, because 2 weeks ago it was 24.

*Porter decided to cut his own hair last night. I was standing in the kitchen where he was and didn't notice until about the 3rd wack! There was a big pile of blonde hair on the counter and floor.

*I took Lainey to dance today and then ran a couple of errands. I got back about 40 minutes after the hour to watch the end of class only to find out that I had dropped her off an hour early and she had been running crazy for the last 50 minutes! After which she informed me "I know you are tired mom. Maybe if you eat more vegetables you will remember better. Next week I will pay better attention to the clock so I can make sure you bring me at the right time"! THANKS FOR BEING RESPONSIBLE LAIN!!!

*Trey was not happy when the therapist and aide were stretching his legs. He was whining and complaining. He was saying things like he didn't like them, they weren't his friends any more, he was going to tell his mom on them and she would be mad. When none of those things worked, I guess he decided to surrender, but not happily. He started to "sing" in a very low, grumpy, growly tone "cawed to suv him hebenwy king of gwowy, chosen eh to witness foah his name" then at the top of his lungs "ONWAD EVAH ONWAD AS WE GWOWY IN HIS NAME. Now stop it wight now befoah I have to get weawy mad". What do you say to that?

2 comments:

McBride Family said...

I miss you so much! I loved reading the blogs! We are praying for you guys! Talk to you soon.
Jeri Ann

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Jim has always gone to an extreme to get a little attention. But Twins! That is a bit further than extreme.

Make sure he mows the lawn before the snow arrives, and don't let him work you too hard.

Thanks for the update on the 'boys', all four of them.

Grandpa Mac