Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter and More

The only picture of Grayson I got yesterday. He just wanted to be held! Here he is with Trey's girlfriend! When Taylor came over she told Trey he looked nice, and he informed her that he had dressed up for her! What a crazy kid!
The NASTY rash that comes with Fifths Disease. The rest of the kids are just starting this phase.
Porter is so funny! He is very independant and will only take help after he has spent forever trying to figure things out on his own! He thought the eggs were better than the candy inside!
Trey, the sweetest thing ever! He insisted on doing the egg hunt without help! I did, however get to help him carry the basket for him at the end. He thanked me repeatedly for "hiding" the eggs and letting them do the hunt!
Lainey in her cute new summer dress! She had felt pretty rotten for a couple of days but was so excited to help fill the eggs and make our "fabulous" Easter dinner!

Well it has been soooo long since we have posted anything! We have had some pretty eventful times lately! Things have been quite busy and very exhausting.

We have finally moved and we absolutely LOVE it!!! All of us except Porter, that is. For some reason he is convinced that we are at Grandpa's house! At least once a day he asks me to "Mommy, can we pwease go home? I need a go to Poah-tah's house" So sad! I am sure that he will eventually figure things out. Things are VERY SLOWLY getting put together. Lainey is LOVING having her own room. I am sure that I love the new house the most! I feel like we finally have room to move around! The kids are breaking the new back yard in very nicely! We have met a couple of neighbors who are extremely nice. One family has a disabled son and 3 kids 4 and under, and believe it or not, we get along great!

The 3 big kids will ALL play t-ball or coach pitch starting soon! They are all very excited. Trey plays on an adaptive league that is soooo much fun. If you ever feel like some big smiles and a renewal of perspective, you should attend one of Trey's games! FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

This week is spring break, and we decided that we would be adventerous, so we bought plane tickets to Alabama! We are going for one whole week! There is only one slight problem... the kids have all had Fifths Virus. Let me tell you, that has been really fun! Go figure Grayson is the one who started with it. We will still fly if we are a little bit sick, but we might spend the first couple of days at a hotel. Oh, well. Reagan can't be getting this nasty virus! We are ALL so excited to get away! I am thrilled to be spending time with Jim with no outside interruptions for either of us! The kids are beyond extatic to fly... little do they know they are getting Dramamine and hopefully won't remember much of it!!!

I finally finished all of my CNA testing and certification. That has been a good thing to finally have done! I hope to start working at an IHC facility (so I can benefit from tuition reinbursement) soon and slowly start working on my nursing degree! I really hope to work part time and see how it all works!

Jim is doing golf and I am sure loving every minute of it! The girls love him and are constantly asking for his advise and input!

9 comments:

kacee said...

What a fun Easter hunt!

That fifths disease doesn't look fun though, hope it goes away soon.

Have fun on your trip - you deserve it!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you posted! And you DO deserve a fun trip. I laughed when you said you were going to give the kids Dramamine so they probably wouldn't remember the plane. I hope it goes well for you. I'd rather sit on a chair full of nails than fly with my kids again. It will probably be fine with the Bob-ster. He's a GREAT dad!

Well, have FUN! Hope to see you guys soon!

Josiah & Mandy Smith Family said...

I am so glad that you are all moved in. I can't wait to see lots of pictures of the new place or maybe I should just drive down to see!! I have been meaning to write you and Sonnet a letter and tell you how much i appreciated you guys driving all the way up here and having dinner with me. It really meant the world to me!!!

Pays said...

Hey!! I swear that baby is in there... It's is just hiding- in the back! What adorable kids you have. They are so adorable and funny!! To be a fly on the wall in your house!! Easter looked like fun and how much fun for you to go on vacation!! Have a great trip!! Flying with the kids isn't too bad- we've only ever had to fly with one though. We go to Virginia every once in a while to see my older sister. Good luck !! Have a great trip!!

Unknown said...

Oh Fifths... Emily got that when I was first preggo with samantha and they had to do some blood test to make sure I had already had it or it makes the fetus sick.... Dylan didn't get it though, something about him being too little to get it (weird). You are going to have a blast on your trip! I am excited or you! And WAY TO GO getting such a great start on your nursing, you will be such a great nurse! :) Have a fun trip!

Brittanie said...

AWESOME! So glad you're in the new house! You will have to email me your address. Hope you have a good vacation. And Congrats on school...seriously, I always say it, but HOW do you do it all! ;)

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Happy Easter week from Russia! Love the newsy post.
Hugs and kisses to all.

Harper Family said...

Oh look at those cute kids! Im sorry you have had a bout of sickness at your home!! I hope they all recover soon. Im so excited you are finally in your new place...Benders and I can't wait to see it!!

Katydid said...

Ok so what in the world is Fifths virus!? Does the rash itch? Dramamine great unless of course your child is one of the ones who goes psychotic on it! That would be Max! So glad too that you are in your house you need to bring pics this Tues to show I work.