Sunday, March 1, 2009

MY "LITTLE" PRINCESS!

My sweet "little" Lainey is SEVEN! I can't believe it! Because we have RSV and croup running our house right now, Lainey and I went out on the town by ourselves! We had a blast! Lainey got to decide everything we did. First, she chose Panda Express for lunch. Then to my surprise, she showed me she knew how to eat with chop sticks! WOW! What a smart girl! I had NO idea. I am not sure where she learned, because neither Jim or I know how!
Our wonderful self-portrait @ Panda!
Then it was off to the MALL for LOTS of SHOPPING! I am not sure where she gets that from either! HAHA She chose the perfect little lamb to "MAKE" at Build-a-bear!
She stuffed it, cleaned it, dressed it, named it (Lizzy), put sound in it and gave her a home!
Here is Lainey and Lizzy! What you can't see is all of the bling Lizzy has! Her whole shirt, on her skirt, her sparkle shoes, her purse and her headband. Lizzy's shirt says FABULOUS, and that she is!!! Lainey made sure that the ladies at the store rang the bell and had everyone shout "Happy Birthday, LAINEY" I was just laughing! Such a cute girl.
Then it was off to get a hair cut. We tried to get into the Mall salon, but they were booked, so we chose a "different" one! Let's just say, we need a new hair cut! I hope her hair is to her sholulders by the time we are done. We are both a little bit upset, but we couldn't let it ruin our day!!!
Grayson and Lainey. She lights up his world! They are the best of buddies. When Lainey walks into the room, Grayson gets the most excited look on his face and kicks his legs just as fast as he can, like he is running. It is the funniest thing considering he does it sitting up! If she doesn't pay enough attention to him he will sit and scream until she does! They are so cute!!!
Trey had to "sneak" frosting! I guess he got caught!
The clan of sick boys! I was glad to have some time away! Many nights of no sleep= crazy mom!
Well, my cute little 7 year old wanted very few things for her birthday, but a boquet of roses was top of her list!!! I am not sure where her love of flowers comes from, but it is almost an obsession! And yes, it is specifically roses!
No birthday is complete without SPANKINGS!!!
We got to blow candles out several times because Porter would always get to them about a tenth of a second sooner than Lainey would!!!

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT LAINEY
*She is a sweet sister
*She works hard and is so smart
*She is kind and has a lot of friends
*She is beautiful inside and out
*She is into fashion! She loves clothes, shoes, anything BLING and being dolled up!
*She LIVES to be a cheerleader!
*She has a sixth sense when ANYONE is sad. She makes sure to cheer them up.
*She is my biggest helper, and heaven knows I NEED her!!!
*She is up for any challenge weather it is school, home, athletic, or anything as long as it doesn't include heights!
*She lets me know when I am not doing the right thing!
*She is VERY mature! Time is slipping away from me and I cherish everything about my little Princess, LAINEY!!! We think she is so special and we are so glad we get to have her in our family! WE LOVE YOU LAINEY!

We did this with Grayson, and I loved it so much I thought we would do it again! Lainey loves too hear things about herself (I know, you are shocked) so if you have a story that is funny or just something you remember about Lainey, PLEASE take a minute and leave her a birthday memory! Something she can treasure for years to come!!! THANKS

11 comments:

McEvoy Family said...

So my memory is of Lainey when she was 2 and a half. We were at Wal-Mart and Trey was in the NICU. She was mad at me because I wouldn't let her out of the cart. I was getting a bunch of stuff for the baby, as we were no where near prepared. She proceeded to climb out of the cart. I picked her up and immediately she started to scream (i know, shocker)! As I was telling her to stop we were leaving soon and she THEN could walk she stopped screaming for several seconds, and I wondered what was going through her mind. Well, it didn't take me long to get my question answered. At the top of her lungs she started screaming and kicking me. WHAT was she screaming?... Put me down you bad lady, you're not my mom, you're not my mom. I could see where this was going so I got my purse, left the cart and all but ran out of the store!!! People had started to watch and talk! Good for them! Of course she was totally fine as soon as we were outside. I can finally laugh about this more than 5 years later!!!

Brittanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAINEY!!
You are a very pretty princess and Allyssa & Kate hope you had a great day! No real specific experiences about her but I love how determined and smart she is! She knows what she wants and GETS IT! ;) That will help you go far in life. (So will being darn cute too).

Lori said...

I love Lainey! This girl has personality plus-- she is fun and spunky (sort of like the bigger princess of the house). One of my favorite things about Lainey is her love of singing. She has no inhibitions or fear when it comes to singing. When she is singing she is totally on key and performing--- LOVE IT!!

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Lainey Mac,

What is so fun to remember are the times when Lainey woudl help Grandma and me as we were trying to manage the visitors at our home. One day we were playing Army, and Lainey was Sgt. Lainey. She is an excellent Sargeant, and we love her very much.

looking forward to next birthday, because we will be able to see her when she is 8!

Grandpa Mac
Elder Mac
Elder & Sister McEvoy

The Brugger Bunch said...

Happy Birthday my friend!!! What a sweet little lady! She is so darling my friend, what a fun day! You are an awesome mama!

Unknown said...

Oh what a sweet post about Lainey. I feel a little sad that I can't write any memories here. We haven't spent much time together with our kids! Once we went to Willow Park and let the kids pet the sheep. I bet Lainey was only about a year old. Then one other time Emily and I came to Provo for an overnight visit. I do love how Lainey knows me as the person who has her puppy now. :)

BigKev said...

My memory is at a Davis High Basketball game either two or three years ago. I dropped in to watch Jim coach and I got to see Lainey there in her "cheer" outfit cheering on the team. It was fun for me!! Lainey you bring a smile to my face and warm my heart. I sure love you -Uncle Kev

Katydid said...

Oh My Goodness. Ok So it has been a long time since I have seen you Tiff. I was thinking of you today and decided to check in! Lainey is YOU! A little Tiff. Absolutely stunning! Not too many years left before she is really breaking those boys hearts. And Greyson looks so great! I miss you! Hopefully I get to talk to you IN PERSON soon. Love Ya Katie

heather and fam said...

I remember one time when I was going to babysit Lainey and I was nervous because she used to hold her breathe and pass out. I was so scared. Now that Maecee does it I know it's no big deal but back then I didn't know that.

I also remember you saying that your daughter would never be a cheerleader, she was going to be an athlete.....funny how things work out huh ;) But then you said if that's what makes her happy then that's fine with you....great mommy.

Lisa and Kate said...

Happy Happy Birthday dear girl! You are an amazing sister to those wild brothers of yours. You have always been so sweet and kind to them and they are lucky to have you as their big sister!!

McBride Family said...

I love to watch Lainey eat cheesy pizza! She makes it so much fun! Love you Lainey!