Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ah you fat Daddy?

Well, apparently Porter is taking lessons on being funny from Trey! When we were at Costco the other day, we bought a scale. We have never owned a scale in our married life, so why start? I guess just for the added humor! It sat in Jim's car for a bit, probably because we really didn't want to know what it would say! Finally Jim brought it in and put batteries in and had to test it out!!! All of the kids had been put to bed at this point, but do they ever stay there? NO! Porter came walking down the stairs and was very interested in what was going on. He was quizzing Jim all the way!
"Wha is it? Whas it say Dad? Wha you doin'? Wha is it? Hey Dad, whas it says? Dad, whas it say?" After ignoring him for a minute Jim finally answered "It says DADDY IS FAT"!!! Porter put his hand over his mouth and gasped! "Oh no, dat says you fat Dad! Huwy get off it"! Jim and I started just laughing so hard we were almost in tears. For the next 10 minutes that was ALL Porter could talk about, Daddy being fat! He was so worried. "Dat say you fat Dad? Dat say numbes, say you fat?" We finally get him calmed down from being egged on and get him to bed.

Fast forward to the fallowing morning... I am trying to get the kids ready for school. While Lainey is supposed to be brushing her teeth, she has found better things to do. I finally go up to the bathroom to try get her moving in the right direction. Porter comes from the other way and into the bathroom as well. We see Lainey standing on the scale proudly proclaiming she weighs 60 pounds!!! Porter gets a very worried look on his face and says "Mommy, Lain is on dat fing. Dat says Daddy is fat." I looked down and started laughing. I told him it was ok, Daddy isn't really fat and that the scale just tells us how big we are. "Yeah it says daddy is fat!" He doesn't like that we are laughing, so he turns to Lainey. "Lain huwy, get off dat. Dat says daddy's fat. Dats not nice. Dat wiw hut you fee-wings. Huwy get off!!!"

WOW, I guess if the media doesn't do it to them, we will!!!
LOL because I sure did!!!

5 comments:

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh my heavens!!! I am laughing so hard I am crying!!!!! Thank you for sharing, you absolutely made my night! LOL!!!!

Lori said...

What a cute boy! For the record, none of you are fat (lucky!)

Paige n' Kalani said...

Tiff - I've decided that your boys are hams! They say the funniest things!!! And Lori's right - I'd KILL to be as "fat" as anyone in your family! ;)

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Tell Porter that I am NOT stepping on the scale when we get home. I don't want my fee-wings hut.

Grandpa Mac

kacee said...

Porter is a riot! Kids will believe anything - spesh is they think Jim is fat! You'd better be careful...