Thursday, February 19, 2009

3 years old and in charge!





Yesterday was Porter's 3rd birthday! We had so much fun all day long. He had chocolate for breakfast, went shopping for the perfect toy at "sa-get"(target!), played at McDonalds during lunch and pretended to eat! Then he came home for a big 3 year old nap!

All day I had been telling him he could do whatever he wanted because it was his birthday, so come nap time he told me "No, I don't hafa have a nap. I free (3). It's a my buhday." He said it just as serious as could be! So cute. So yes, I made my sweet little boy cry on his buhday!

After naps when Dad and Lain were home from school, it was off to CHUCK E. CHEESE! As soon as he got up in the morning, we started asking him where he wanted to go for dinner. Without a second of hesitation he said "CHUCK E. CHEESE"! While jumping up and down. It brings such a smile to my face to see him have such a great time. He actually got pretty good at ski ball! Go figure!

I love Porter so much! He brings so much fun into our house! He decided he likes trains a lot. They are giving balls a run, so we will see if it lasts! Porter is always going. He loves to drum on anything that makes noise. He loves his big sister and brother! (we are still working on Grayson)!

He is a Daddy's boy through and through. He wants to be snuggled every night at bed time! He loves to be outside. Just last week he played in the running water in the gutter. It was 30 degrees. I let him play for about 5 minutes until he was shivering so bad he couldn't move!!! Summer is going to be perfect for him!

Porter is so funny and crazy all of the time. He has absolutely NO desire be potty trained! He tells me "no, dat poddy is foah Dad and Shwey (Trey). I have a my dipah"!!!

He gets stressed out and worried if Lainey isn't happy and will stay by her side quizzing her about what is wrong until she is better! Most of the time she feels better because Porter will do something to make her laugh. Porter is so sweet and tender along with everything a boy should be! I am sure someday (too soon)I will be cleaning worms and other critters out of his pockets. WE LOVE YOU PORTER!!! You sure are special!

8 comments:

heather and fam said...

Happy Birthday Porter!!! I cannot believe he is 3---wow! Tell him hi from us!

p.s. McKenna told me that her and Lainey showed up in the same outfit...she thought that was so funny!

Harper Family said...

What the crap! He is not 3!! Oh man that went fast! What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Porter is seriously the cutest kid ever!

You are such a great mommy :)

Love ya,
Adelyn

McBride Family said...

You are so precious! I loved the comment on Reagan's blog. We can't wait to see everyone! We may make a countdown ourselves! I love the pic of the kids with Grayson sitting all by himself! What a big boy! We love you guys. Don't forget to email me pics!

loong said...

what a kind boy ,happy everyday

Lori said...

I love him!! He is so funny. Happy Birthday Porter. That boy knows how to put a smile on your face!

Brittanie said...

Happy B-Day Porter!
What a cute boy, seriously!
Glad it turned out to be a fun day!
Hope everyone is feeling better.

Lisa and Kate said...

Happy 3rd birthday dear Porter! I cannot believe you are that big. Where does time go? A big kiss to you!