Friday, December 5, 2008

What a day!!!


So my little sister, Kandyse came and spent last night because she had an interview at a school for Dental Hygiene here in Provo. She came last night so that she would be sure to be on time and not have traffic or such issues to hold her up. She also wanted me to take her because she is not familiar with our turf. Well, leave it to me to ruin her plans!!!

We leave my house with all of the boys and plenty of time to spare. We get half way to where we need to be... when my car starts chugging. What the heck? Oh crap, the gas light came on yesterday. Are we really out of gas? NO NO NO. We get about 2 more blocks coasting before there is no more juice. I called Jim and was almost in tears because I know how stressed my poor sister is, and what a STUPID thing to do, run out of gas!! (I haven't done that since high school) Kandyse was a super good sport, but to make things better we hear from the back seat... "We have da fastest cah in histawy"!!! My sister and I look at each other and start laughing so hard. I look back at Trey to find he is totally serious and probably has no idea what just happened. I explain to him I let the car run out of gas and dad has to come get us. When Jim gets there to rescue us we are getting all of the kids in his car and Trey says, just as serious as the first time "Guess we don't have da fastest cah in histwy. You might wanna fink about getting a new one, mom"! All I can do is laugh and kiss him. I was so glad that he lightened the mood and helped me to not be grumpy about the situation. What a kid!

To make things better the dental hygiene school accepted Kandyse on her first interview! CONGRATULATIONS KANDY!!! Guess they didn't hold those 5 minutes against her!

3 comments:

McBride Family said...

You have got to be kidding! You did not do that!Jim, what are ya gonna do? LOL!! Seriousley, you guys have an excuse for everything though if your like us, most days your stressed out, tired out and burned out. We just muddle through. If we make it to bedtime we're happy. Hope you guys have a great trip to the big island! Al

Harper Family said...

Oh my heck that is the best! Thats something I would totally do! I love it. Your kids say the funniest things I love to hear about them!

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Tell Trey that "Gwandpa has the fastest cah in histawy," and when we get home we will "Go fow a wide in it."

Thanks for the moments!!
Grandpa Mac