Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hawaiian Fever :)

This is Kenny and Melissa Hardy. Kenny is the sophomore coach and Melissa was my saving grace this trip! She shared EVERYTHING with me!!! We had a blast together. They are so much fun!
This is the famous (in my book) Jeff and Alisa Collinsworth. They have adopted us and save my bacon all of the time. They are 2 of the most amazing people I know. This trip they spent a lot of time helping Melissa and I babysit our girls! We tried to keep them away from the boys as much as possible, so we went to the Collinsworth's AMAZING pool almost every day.

Well, we had a GREAT trip. We did a lot of just vegging by the beach or the pool. The girls and guys were pretty good, typical teenagers! They were actually really fun to be around for the most part. We had a couple of pretty memorable experiences, and I definitely want to go back. Especially after coming home to so much snow! I missed the kids, which was good!!! It is so much different to worry about someone else's kids! What a great experience. I feel so blessed to have been able to go.

I didn't get my luggage until Saturday night, so that was funny! I used EVERYTHING from Melissa, Kaylee and the girls, so that was nice! Then, I had one pair of underwear that I left on the bed one day after changing into my suit. Well,low and behold the cleaning ladies came and changed the sheets... and you guessed it!!! All I could say was bye, bye undies! The whole thing ended up being so comical! I really had too much fun to care!


Our 2 "STAR" players Kyle and Brandon. Brandon signed with BYU and Kyle is only a junior but being very heavily recruited by just about every major University.
We even made sure to have basketball on our minds while we were on the beach! We HAD to make sure we had the plays down in the sand!
One of my other favorite guys, Scottie. So much fun to chill with. It is fun to hear how 18 year old boys see life. Scott gave me good insight! I got to have some good conversations with some of the more mature guys. They are actually quite fun! Scott was always good for a great conversation mixed with a little comedy to make everyone smile! So great to be around.
Reality check... this is where we live! I think that Dorothy was wrong. Hawaii is as good as home to me!!!
This one is for Trey. We found this place and decided to take a Kung Fu picture for the obsessed boy! He asked me if I would put it in a frame for him!
We ate a lot! They guys (and girls) couldn't seem to get enough to eat! So, you know we HAD to eat with them! Between how much I ate and not packing my kids around, they wanted to charge me an extra $15 to get myself onto the plane!!! j/k
The funny basketball guys. They did win the tourney!!! They averaged winning by 30 points!
Oh so cute!!!
The new daughter Jim and I decided to adopt! One of the greatest girls EVER, Taylor.

Wanna know how many guys hit on us? NONE, I wonder why?
Everything was so pretty. We spent a lot of time on the beach which was soooo relaxing. It NEVER rained on us the entire time and it was only windy part of one afternoon. We saw whales and I snorkeled with a turtle almost the same size as I am! What can I say? Hawaii LOVES me!!!
The INSANE bunch of BOY CRAZY, NIGHT-SNEAKIN', BEGGING TO GO SKINNY DIPPIN', BASKETBALL-BOY KISSIN', 2 HOURS GETTIN' READY TO GO BEACH-GOIN', SOMETIMES MORE SPICE THAN SUGAR, FULL OF JUSTIFICATION, GIRLS WE LOVE!!! FUN FUN FUN! All minus Melissa and I, of course! I can say I am not sure what will happen when Lainey is this age!!! I'm already SCARED!

This is all lava rock from the volcano. I covers the everything you can see from the top of the mountain to the ocean.
I'm telling you these girls are trouble! They sure kept us busy, but we had a blast with them.
Kaylee Collinsworth and ME!
The guys (varsity players and coaches) bbq'd one night for me! HA HA Well, I can look at it that way cause I was the only girl! How lucky. Then because the kids knew that all of the adults were there, they ALL snuck to the beach with no chaperones! Turkeys! This is Coach Drury who posed this way for the picture! He tried to roast himself at the beach earlier that day!!!I think it's great to take self portraits for some reason. Aren't we so funny?

5 comments:

Josiah & Mandy Smith Family said...

Looks like you had a blast!!

The Blackham3 said...

What a great trip!!! WOW! I am so glad you were able to go and have a "kids" free holiday!? Looks like so much fun. I want to go. You have the best attitude of anyone I know. So positive! Way to go PROVO-I am an alumni( go bulldogs!)

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Looks to me like it was warmer there than here.

Elder McEvoy
Yekaterinburg Russia

Paige n' Kalani said...

Tiff! The story about the lost undies struck a funny cord with me & I laughed for like 10 minutes... You guys look like you had a blast. You deserved that break!

The Brugger Bunch said...

I am so excited to see a new post! I have missed hearing from you! What a fun trip, I AM SO JEALOUS! It is so beautiful there! Happy New Year my friend!