Thursday, September 10, 2009

bad luck & BRAD PAISLEY

The bad news is our sweet Trey has had a bit of bad luck! He was jumping on the trampoline....yep we are going there! Somehow he managed a pretty severe break on his arm. It was Saturday night, August 22nd. He had eaten 15 minutes before the accident. I was at work and was able to meet Jim and Trey at the ER. It was VERY OBVIOUSLY broken. They took us back and sure enough, it was a "pretty good" break. His humourous (bone above the elbow) was snapped into a few pieces as well as the bone on the side of the elbow broken off and shoved up behind his humurous. HOW DO WE FIX THAT? S-U-R-G-E-R-Y! But because he had eaten so recently, they couldn't do surgery until his stomach emptied. They admitted to the hospital for pain control until they could do surgery on Sunday.
He had to have two rods placed, and the ends stick out of his skin. The doctor was not comfortable with Trey walking, because he is worried about re-fracturing or moving the rods out of place. He now has a wheelchair, and is not allowed to start kindergarten until his arm is ALL THE WAY healed. He has been a trooper and as you can see, is brave and STILL SMILING! I can't believe what a happy guy he is! Such a smart guy!
Trey IS a LADY'S MAN! In the middle of a bunch of girls is where he wants to be! It has been almost 3 weeks, and he is healing. We are doing kindergarten at home, which isn't going over that great! He is sure he knows more than I do, but loves coloring and cutting with scissors!
Now, the good news...BRAD PAISLEY is coming in concert to SLC on the 19th. I ADORE that man's music! He has a new song WELCOME TO THE FUTURE. (click here to watch the music video) It features children telling what they want to be when they grow up. The radio stations had a contest for local kids and they are making a SLC version of the music video that will be played at the concert. We decided we would enter Trey. When I asked him the night before what he wanted to be when he grew up the list was LONG...a dentist, a scientist, a cook, a dwivah, a stoah wuhkah, a doctah, an ahtist and a video game pwogwamah! WHAT? How does he even know what that is? Then next day we went and shot the video. I told him to choose ONE thing he wanted to be... A SCIENTIST! We submitted the video to the radio station and today at 2 o'clock today the radio station called to let us know Trey is one of the 5 first place winners! WOO HOO! We are so excited! His clip will be featured in the video, he gets 2 tickets to the concert, backstage passes, photos with BRAD PAISLEY, and he will be involved in a press conference with BRAD PAISLEY!!! I can't express how happy I am as his mom! This makes him feel like such a star! I love seeing my kids thrilled about things! CONGRATULAITIONS TREY, on being THE PERFECT TREY!!!

15 comments:

Our fun family said...

oh boy that sounds all to familiar! We are still getting bills from paige's broken arm surgery and hospital stay back in april!! It is so hard till they get that ard cast! I hope he is doing ok and tell him he will have cool scars like paige where they take out the rods! Paige did get pretty good with her left hand though, that was cool to see her write with her left. Anyways now I am carrying on, good luck and get better soon!

Harper Family said...

Sounds like fun I'm jealous...about the concert, not the broken arm :)

Unknown said...

I cannot believe ANY OF THIS! Holy Smokes! Trey really is such an awesome kid :)

McBride Family said...

He is a trooper! Love you guys! Tell the kids Hi from Abanana!

Lisa and Kate said...

OUCH!! What a day. Sounds like he is on the mend. Give him a big hug from me. I hope he is better soon

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

I don't want ANY excuses when I beat Trey at the video games this Spring. Don't use the "broken arm" bit with the WII games!!

Sorry to read about your arm Trey, but we know you can fix anything so get to work on that arm.

Love Elder Mac
Grandpa Mac
Elder McEvoy

Brittanie said...

WOW talk about a once in a lifetime event! That concert will be so awesome for you both!

Sorry about the arm. It just never lets up does it. You are one trooper!
Guess we won't see you and Trey at soccer. ;)

Lori said...

Wow!! I'm super excited for Trey (AND HIS MOM!!). This is a once in a lifetime chance...HAVE FUN!

Pays said...

I am soooo sorry for Trey! Those are painful breaks and it sounds like he did a "really good job" as we use the term in my profession.... That stinks. We hope he heals quickly. Can you believe they (Trey & Duncan)are 5 years old!!!! It doesn't seem possible. The concert on the other hand you will love, love, love!!! I have been to Brad Paisley in concert and he is awesome! Besides the fact that you get to meet him! That sounds like soooo much fun! Good job Trey! How is the new house by the way? Have fun at the concert and take care!!!

Des said...

Hey!!! This is Des (Boudreaux) from the good old Provo Girl's B-ball days. :) How are you? I ran into your adorable family a couple weeks ago at the football game. Your hubby had mentioned you had this blog and I finally got two seconds to check it out. Let me just tell you that you do have some beautiful miracles! They were so cute at the game. Lainey looks so much like you! The minute I saw her I told her that I felt like I was looking at her mom. :) It sounds like you guys are doing well. It was fun to see Mac and catch up. It has been forever since I have been in the Provo neck of the woods. We are in Salt Lake and I am teaching 5th grade while my hubby finishes college. We have a 15 month old boy. Who keeps me busy enough, I can't imagine having 4! I just wanted to say hi and let you know that your family is so cute! I had a great time talking to them and getting to know them at the game. Now I can keep up with you guys with the blog! Well, now that I have written a huge comment, I will talk to you later!!!!

Jada Chadwick & Family said...

Wow I miss you guys! You tell Trey that Isak thinks he needed a big brother to protect him. So if he doesn't have one then Ike will take the job. What a trooper. I hope all is well at the new house. Put a pic of it on your blog for me!

Handsfullmom said...

Poor Trey with his arm! How sad. =( But awesome about the tickets!

Handsfullmom said...

By the way, I bookmarked you ages ago and forgot about it. I'm going to add you to my blog list so we can keep in touch.

The Brugger Bunch said...

TIFFANY!!!! Oh my lands it has been too darn long!!!! I have been terrible at checking blogs this summer, so it was so much fun catching up with your sweet family! You are all so beautiful and we miss you so very much! I just love your sweet little family!

littlefox said...

That is soooo exciting! I hope he enjoys his big moment!