Thursday, January 8, 2009

BUBBLEGUM WATERMELON






(pictures coming soon...)

So yesterday was Trey's big surgery! He got his tonsils and adenoids out. Normally this is an outpatient surgery but... does the McEvoy family ever do anything "normally"??? NO, not in the least bit. So, here we sit in the hospital at least overnight and we will see how that goes and then keep planning if the need is there!:)


When we went back to the pre-op room before surgery, the anesthesiologist wanted to give Trey some medicine to help him be relaxed and forget the traumatic happenings of being put to sleep. The nurse came in with the oral medication and asked "OK buddy, can you tell me your first and last name"? Trey didn't answer but was sitting there smiling. She waited for a minute and then asked "Is it Trey"? Very quickly Trey replied, "No, my name is bubbagum wata mewon and I know dat medicin is foah Twey Mac-a-voy"!!!
What in the world? All he knew is he didn't want to take the yucky stuff she was trying to give! I guess changing your name works, right?!!? I guess I should be grateful that he didn't say it was Sparkles or Lipstick like he usually does!!! When we got to his room the story had already been passed along. The nurse made sure to tell me they wouldn't ask him his name!

Trey had a very rough day and doesn't feel well at all. He was having some issues keeping his oxygen levels where they should be, but is finally starting to get a little bit better this morning. He felt so yucky right after surgery and was mad at everyone, so he managed to muster up t
he energy to tell the nurse and anesthesiologist that he "hated" them! I told them not to take it personally! I am just glad he can talk!!! This guy WILL catch a break one day... I am sure of it. He won't let me leave his side and I am eating up every minute of him letting me cuddle and hold him. He has been EXTRA sweet to me! He tries to eat ice cream but can't seem to get it past the tip of his tongue.

Lainey and Jim came last night and Lainey was excited to be back visiting the hospital. She asked Jim "Remember when we used to come here EVERY day?" Jim said yes and he was glad that was over. Lainey replied "well, I love it because we ALWAYS got FREE cookies and drinks"! Well, Trey's nurse made sure to hook her up! I am not sure why, but now both kids are hooked on the "FREE" thing...I LOVE that they have no clue!

Thanks to Grandma Jill, Bishop Welch, the Collinsworth's and aunt Kimmi for helping during yet another McEvoy hospital adventure!!!

10 comments:

Paige n' Kalani said...

Tiff! The name thing had me laughing out loud! He is such a cutie pie and says the funniest things. I hope he feels better soon! Love ya!

McBride Family said...

Too funny! He is so smart! Miss you guys. Can't wait to see pictures.
Jer

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh I love him! What a sharp little man! I am so glad that all went well. Tiff he is so charming!!!!

Lisa and Kate said...

Big hugs to theat sweet trey! That is just no fun. I loved popsicles when I got mine out!! I love the name story. Sounds just like Trey!

Pays said...

Hey McEvoy family!! Love your blog! Check ours out at rdpay.blogspot.com I am excited that we can keep up on you guys now! We can actually stay in touch a little better! Happy New Year! -Richard and Donni

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Sorry Trey, I hope that by now you are up and at the Wii for a little practice before I return.

We love you Big Bubba gum Watmewon.

Be nice to your Mom!!
Elder McEvoy

kacee said...

Trey could not be any cuter!

I had no idea you guys were doing this - hope things are going well now! You are such troopers!

Christina said...

That is so funny and great pictures. I take it Trey liked his guitar for Christmas?! :)

CUTEST picture of your family as your header! Looks like she did a great job shooting you guys...

heather and fam said...

Tiff I think you could write a book about the adventures of Mr. Trey. It would be a best seller! Sorry about another hospital thing. I didn't even know about it, but I'm glad everything turned out ok in the end. Love and miss you guys!

Anne Gessel said...

I just found your blog. It is so fun to see your cute family. Poor Trey! - or Bubblegum Watermelon! It will all be worth it though.