Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama


GRAYSON AND NANA (Jeri's mom) @ THE SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY.GRAYSON AND REAGAN AT THE AIRPORT BEFORE WE LEFT. WE HAD TO BE CAUTIOUS WHEN GRAYSON WAS NEXT TO REAGAN. SHE WOULD ALWAYS BE YELLING AT US SAYING "HE'S YANKIN' MY CHAIN. HEY! LISTEN. HE'S YANKIN' MY CHAIN". WHICH WAS EITHER HER BLUE VENT TUBE OR HER SATURATION MONITER CORD. I GUESS HE THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE TASTY. WE HAVE TO TEACH THAT BOY BETTER WAYS TO PICK UP ON THE GIRLS!!!

GRAYSON'S ADOPTIVE PARENTS, DOUG AND JESSI. (Jeri's sister and brother-in-law)


THE CUTEST GIRLS IN ALABAMA!!! THIS WAS @ MY B-DAY PARTY TOO.

THE DIRT BIKE BOYS! NEED I SAY MORE?!!?
GRAYSON AND I JUST CHILLIN' IN A-BANANA AS PORTER CALLS IT!

Wow! Time flies by so fast. Grayson and I have been back a couple of weeks and I am so behind on blogging. I have been waiting on a usb cord to imput pictures from my camera. Needless to say I still don't have it, so pictures will come later! I am just going to give you a brief account of our trip. We had so much fun. I got to learn how to do some cool things in the way of taking care of Reagan. I learned so much by watching, but I got my chance to have some hands-on experience. I learned so much cool trache stuff. It made me want to be a nurse even more. I got to hold Reagan which was so awesome. She is so fragile, so I was nervous for a second, but I got over it quick because it was amazing. Not many people hold her, and no one has really held her for the last 5months because of the halo. (by the way, she let me hold her more than once!) Reagan also had her first real bath since the halo while I was there, and her first big outing. She took baby Grayson and I to the airport! She is such a little angel.

Jeri and I had a lot of retail therapy to take care of, so we did. Almost every day we had a shopping trip. I had my first spa experience, and it was divine. We stayed up late, especially Reagan and I! And had tons of good food. I am sure the airline didn't want to let me board when they saw how much weight I had gained! I had a suprise birthday party, complete with every southern dish you can imagine! It was so much fun to get to meet people we had heard so much about. I tried fried catfish, which I ended up really liking!! Alan ended up watching Grayson a lot while I played. He got him hooked on dirt bikes and being held a lot! Grayson had to adjust to not getting held so much when we got home. Brennen is so much fun and loved Grayson. He is the teacher's favorite student! He is the sweetest, well mannered little guy around. I tried to pack him in my suitcase, but he wouldn't stop running long enough!! I was certainly spoiled by southern hospitality. We can't wait to go back with everyone and spend longer!!!!

3 comments:

heather and fam said...

Glad you had fun! Happy belated b-day. Love to see your posts.

Kelly Ledward said...

I just want to cry when I read this blog! Things do happen for a reason. I'm glad you had someone to go through all of that with. You have an amazing family! Out of everything I have gotten out of working in the NICU, I'm glad I got to meet and become friends with your family. You guys are inspiring. :) Thanks for sharing.

Mom in Mendon said...

So glad it was a great trip. New and wonderful friends are one more blessing Grayson has brought to you.
Love to all--from far, far way.
Grandma