Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wow! Well I have finally decided to follow the trend and be a blogger! We have so many people that we want to keep in touch with and it ends up being quite a challenge. We have finally started to settle down in life a little bit. We have been able to establish a little bit of normalcy over the summer. It has been so great to be back together as a family!!! Now Jim, Lainey and Trey are all back to school so that is interesting. I am able to see a side of Porter that I haven't really seen! It is so much fun. Porter can sing his ABC's thanks to the Leap Frog magnet on the fridge! He is talking up a storm and of course full of mischief.

Lainey is of course thriving in 1st grade. She is reading way above grade level and is having a great time. She is not thrilled about school lunch, so this week we will start taking home lunch! Her handwriting has improved so much since the first of the year! Probably her favorite thing so far this school year has been starting dance. Her classes are twice a week. They include hip hop (the most entertaining thing I have ever seen)as well as tap, jazz and ballet. Lainey comes home and teaches Trey her new "moves" which is hilarious and they jam out!


We are so glad that Trey is going to school willingly after he informed us all summer that he was "dwopping out of pwee school and staying home wif mom and pwaying kung fu panda on the WII all day"!!! His teacher is Miss Raquell. She loves Trey and requested that he be in her class. Trey is possibly the most high tech 4 year old around. He can hook up any game system he wants or get to any website that has games to play on the computer all by himself. I can't do half of the things he can. They always say your body compensates for any disability. Boy is that true! Trey is doing so well walking. Progress has been slow, but he can take about 20 steps unassisted! That is huge to our whole family.


Grayson is getting big and chubby! He weighed almost 16 pounds at his last appointment. He has started to laugh, which is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Of course no one can get him to laugh like Lainey can. As soon as we get his reflux under control he will be having his MRI and immune testing done. I worry a lot about those things, but we will continue to pray for good things. The Lord has answered so many prayers for us allready. We are truly blessed.

Jim is finally getting a little break from so much stress. With me having my head on half way straight again, Grayson's little life out of so much danger, and FINISHING HIS MASTER'S DEGREE, I think he might feel like a new man! School has been an easy adjustment for him. He will be back in the gym, where he loves to be starting in October.

As for me, I feel like I can take a breather and enjoy being a mom again. We have had a lot of fun spending time as a family lately, and I love it. Grayson and I are flying to Alabama on Tuesday to see the McBrides, some good friends of ours. We met the McBrides at Primary Children's when Reagan and Grayson kept the PICU staff hopping for a couple of weeks together. (poor guys) I am still volunteering at the Provo NICU, which I love and will continue to do until I start working someday! I hope to start working toward my nursing degree sometime in the near future!!

3 comments:

heather and fam said...

Yea! I am so glad you joined the blogging world! It's a great way to keep updated on everything. Have fun on your Alabama trip! Love Heather

Mom in Mendon said...

Hooray for your blog! Love the title. Glad to get details.
Love, Donna

Julie M. said...

Hi Tif! I saw a post a long time ago when Grayson was just born on Jim's Dad's blog...and just keep thinking about you! Your family sounds like they've been through quite the battle. I hope it keeps getting better! :)